Our Packing & Unpacking Services
Properly packing and unpacking is incredibly important when moving. Failing to properly wrap breakables or ensure items aren’t jostled about during transport leads to breakage of and damage to your belongings. If you hire a moving company to do the packing and unpacking for you, they are liable if anything gets broken during the move. Additionally, a reliable mover has experienced, trained staff that know the best techniques for keeping items protected and can get the job done quickly. Adding packing and unpacking services to your moving package can be a smart investment. Here are some of the packing/unpacking services we offer:
- Partial packing: Partial packing includes packing only the items that you specifically want packed. This is often a good choice when you need to pack certain fragile items, like china, jewelry, or antiques separately and safely. Often our customers intend to pack everything on their own but run out of time to complete the process. We’re happy to step in and complete the pack for you!
- Full packing: With a full pack, our crew packs up your entire home for you – from the dishes in your cupboards to the clothes hanging in the closets. A full pack is commonly performed for large interstate moves. For example, a family moving from a house in Bangalore to another state would most likely want a full pack so that they could get everything moved out of the way at once. This takes all the pressure of moving off you and lets us handle the entire job.
- Furniture assembly and disassembly: Another important service we offer is furniture assembly and disassembly. Many larger items of furniture, like beds and dining tables, should be disassembled before a move and reassembled at arrival. Trying to move large pieces of the furniture entirely in one piece is often not very realistic. However, trying to take everything apart and put it back together again on your own can also be a large hassle. We entirely relieve your headache by taking care of this for you.
- Packing for storage: Another service that you can take advantage of letting us help pack items for storage. Packing for storage often requires different procedures than standard packing to ensure the safety of your items for the duration of their time locked away. We ensure your belongings are sealed to reduce the threat from mildew, dust, vermin, and other storage hazards.
- Unpacking: Finally, we can also help take care of unpacking. Unpacking can be as troublesome as packing if you try it on your own, but using a local moving company to assist makes the endeavor dramatically easier. Before you know it, we’ll have everything unboxed and put away in drawers, cabinets, and closets so your move will be finished.
Frequently asked questions
Q: Can I use my own packing materials, boxes and clothes for padding my stuff?
A: Well, this is up to you but you should consider doing the packing as well. We execute our packing services with packaging materials that are sourced from popular suppliers and come with a quality guarantee. Also, we cannot be held responsible for damaged items during transportation if old boxes and improvised materials have been used to pack your load.
Q: Does the packing service come with full insurance?
A: Absolutely. Your load will be fully insured during the loading, transportation and unloading process if it has been packed by us. The insurance is very beneficial in terms of moving costs if anything gets damaged. During a move, the standard “goods in transit” insurance applies. However, higher insurance can be arranged if you specify in advance.
Q: How long before the moving day would the packing service take place?
A: This will depend on the size of your property. We prefer to have enough time to react to unanticipated events during the preparation stage of your relocation. With small moves, however, the packing can be easily done on the same day as the loading. The same applies to overnight removals.
Q: So, I need to book the packing service at the same time as ordering the removals boxes?
A: If you want us to pack your stuff, we will include the moving boxes delivery in your quote. You can always book a packing service later if you haven’t done so when scheduling your removals service or boxes delivery with us.
Q: I’ve got my own van to move my belongings but I don’t have the time to pack. Can you help?
A: Sure. Feel free to order only the removals supplies and the packing service if this is what you need.
Q: Can you pack and move valuable items?
A: The qualified Shift My Ghar packers and movers are experienced in packing fine art and antiques. We recommend that you let us know in advance about items that require special attention and care.
Q: Can you assemble my furniture after unpacking?
A: Yes, this is included in your removals service.
Q: Can you dispose of the packing materials after unpacking?
A: Yes, we can offer you waste disposal as a separate service.
Q: Upon moving in, can you plug in all my appliances?
A: This can be done upon request but you’ll have to sign a damage waiver form.
Q: Are there any appliances that you are unable to connect?
A: Yes, hardwired ovens/hobs, and gas-based appliances.